FactPipe Collects the Following Information
FactPipe collects personal information that is relevant to the collective intelligence algorithms at the heart of FactPipe and T-scores, purpose of our website. The information collected factors in to the T-score assigned to all articles you rate and allows us to make your experience on FactPipe.com more enjoyable and customized to you personally. We collect the following types of information from FactPipe users:
- Information that you provide directly:
We receive and store information you enter into the FactPipe widget or on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with information, but then you may not be able to access all the information available on FactPipe or take advantage of certain website features including receiving full credit for your views and access to certain statistical information.
- Registration: In order for you to fully use FactPipe, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require certain personal information (including your full name, city, state and e-mail address).
- User Profile: Expertise and experience matters on FactPipe. To give full credit where credit is due, we encourage and enable you to provide additional information, such as a resume, biographical information, education or work experience, favorite URLs, and contact information including instant messaging IDs. You can control how your information is displayed and used.
- Automatic Information:
- The FactPipe website receives and stores certain types of information whenever you click the FactPipe widget or visit the website. FactPipe and its authorized agents automatically receive and record "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, FactPipe cookie information, the page you were visiting when you clicked the widget, and the FactPipe page you requested. FactPipe uses this traffic data to analyze news and user trends, administer the website, and diagnose any server problems.
- FactPipe may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed.
FactPipe will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission. FactPipe may send out e-mails with FactPipe-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from FactPipe, which inform you of actions or status changes (i.e., attaining expert status or gaining frequent rater status) that have resulted from your actions and information submitted. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, e-mail us and let us know. Please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that FactPipe sends to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. FactPipe cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are.
Sharing Your Information
Information about the people who use FactPipe is an integral part of the collective intelligence experience. That said, we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- FactPipe Personnel: FactPipe personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of FactPipe business.
- Business Transfers: If FactPipe, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that gets transferred.
- Protection of FactPipe and Others: We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with a law; to enforce or apply our 17. Terms17. 17. of17. 17. Use and other policies; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FactPipe, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with others for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits may be displayed to other FactPipe users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on FactPipe where we allow you to tell other FactPipe users about yourself and your interests.
- Social sharing of data: FactPipe allows other users to browse stories that you have rated or commented on. This information is made available publicly via your User Profile.
- API: FactPipe will allow third parties access to all FactPipe data that is already publicly available through the FactPipe website. FactPipe will keep private any passwords and blog settings.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purposes for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Securing Your Personal Information
- Your personal FactPipe account information is protected by a password that you select. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Controlling the Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as obtaining expert or frequent rater status.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the previsiously provided information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your FactPipe account by e-mailing us at support@FactPipe.com.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other FactPipe users, please e-mail us at support@FactPipe.com.
- You will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Conditions of Use